Sunday, 30 April 2017

Editing of my Poster

This is my own version of the poster for 'The Swift End'. I have used a number of conventions for this poster.
The inspiration of my poster came from two different Film Noir films. These are 'The Third Man' and 'The Dark Corner'. Mainly due to the face of the singular man on the poster, and the contrast of light and dark colours.
I used this title font because it is the one that we use in the main project, also because all the letters are joined as if the words are one swift movement that all come to the same end. I used the font for the other wording on the poster because they are simple, don't stray attention from the main title and are also clear to read without struggle.
Another editing feature I used was the gradient tool, with this I used it to fade from the main background picture to black to show the contrast of colours and so that you can read the text without having to concentrate or squint. I used several layers in order to get the curve just right, using the rubber tool to remove any inconsistency with the fade in colour.
Making this poster hasn't furthered my skills on Photoshop as I had already taught myself how to use it, so I already had the ability to make this poster efficiently and to the best of my ability. I used a lot of layers within this poster, to get the best quality. The bottom layer being the picture of me on the bench looking outward(of which was screenshotted and cropped from the final cut.) The gradient layers being on top of the picture, and then the text layer being above the gradient layer.
Shown below are the two posters I took inspiration from:

No comments:

Post a Comment